Tips to Prepare for Medical Entrance Exams from Class 11th
We all know about the high competition in the medical entrance examinations. Every year lakhs of aspirants write the medical entrance examination, but only a few can get a decent rank and their desired medical college. But then comes the smart students who plan to prepare for the entrance examination right after the 10th. Think about it? These students who will start to prepare from class 11th for the medical entrance examination will definitely have an edge over other candidates. If your goal is clear, why wait for class 12th to get over and bang your head in studies just for a couple of months before the examination when you can prepare for the medical entrance examination from class 12th. Hence, in this article, we will discuss the best tips to prepare for your medical entrance examination from class 11th.
Preparation Tips for Medical Entrance Examination just after 10th
The syllabus of all the medical entrance examinations after 12th is the same as of class 11th and class 12th combined. Hence, if you plan your studies well, you can easily prepare for your medical entrance examination right in your school days.
- Understand the syllabus for examination: The first thing to crack any examination is understanding its syllabus well. The same goes for your medical entrance examination, you should check your medical entrance syllabus in depth to analyze what chapters you need to focus more, and what can be studied superficially. Nevertheless, the syllabus of all the important medical examinations include the NCERT syllabus, hence, most of class 11th topics will be common to your medical entrance examination.
- Focus on NCERT books only: If you analyze the papers of almost all the medical entrance tests, you will find out that more than 90% of questions come directly from the NCERT Books. Hence, if you read your NCERT books comprehensively, you will win half of the battle itself. However, you will have to study all the topics in great depth keeping in mind these topics will be asked in the entrance examination. For example, if you studied what is animal kingdom, you should go deep into it by studying various classifications of animals, their scientific names, etc. Don’t just study for the sake of passing your class 11th examination.
- Find out Complex Yet Important topics: In your course of preparation, you will encounter lots of topics that might seem complex, but their weightage of marks will be high both in class 11th and medical examinations. It is your duty to master these topics, since you are just in your 11th, you have the time to do so. Think about, after the 12th, when you would be tussling for your medical entrance examination, you will be short on time, and working on basics will be very difficult.
- Prepare a Study schedule: If you don’t plan well, you can’t expect good results. Since you have to study for your medical entrance examination along with your class 11th examination, planning is crucial. Make a comprehensive study routine, for example, if you are planning to study the biological evolution meaning and its various theories, you should plan in advance like total expected time, notes making time, learning, and revision time. Then allocate time according to the topic, instead of randomly studying and end up messing up your class 11th studies of different subjects.
- Practice Previous Year Papers and mock test: In an examination like NEET, a total of 3 hours is given to solve 180 questions, hence you need to learn time management as well. Apart from time management, previous year’s papers will teach you about scoring topics, important topics, hard topics, etc. If you analyze these papers well, you will be able to devise your own preparation strategy to master the types of questions asked in the medical entrance examination.
If you plan and study well right from your class 11th, your dream colleges will be just 2 years away. Hence, study hard and practice well.